Not all fish oils are made the same, and the best fish oil supplements in Singapore stands out for a good reason.
Fish oil offers many health benefits but it is absolutely essential that you consume one that contains a high concentration of pure omega-3. Consuming low-quality fish oil supplements that do not contain
what they promise means you will not reap the most benefits, if any at all, from consuming fish oil.
Looking beyond fish oil? Browse our store for the best supplement brands in Singapore.
Testimonials on our fish oil supplements
“I was handed a sample of UnoCardio 1000 and I loved it. It helped to reduce my pain after sustaining a bad fall. It was almost an immediate reduction in pain. I like it too because it doesn’t smell. My daughter too, keeps asking for the children’s version”
– Jean, Singapore
“I’m a long time customer of Curaxia Singapore and I can say that it is the most accommodating and most accessible store of high quality vitamins and supplements in Southeast Asia.”
– Ace, Philippines
“I’m a loyal customer of Curaxia for 3 years. Their service is consistent and prompt. I’m satisfied with every transaction and I always get it in good quality. I’m really glad they ship to my country because I can receive my order within days after placing an order.”
– Ace, Philippines
“My kids love the taste of the fish oil because it has no fishy smell! And I love them because they can help themselves with the convenient blister-packaging and not forget their dose”
– Priscilla, Singapore
“QuattrO3 + PS is the only brand of kids fish oil my son will take because it has no fishy smell and in an easy-to-swallow size”
– Rafeah, Singapore
“Been using UnoCardio 1000 for almost a year and always as good”
– Lazada Customer
“I’ve been supporting Curaxia for some time, and I have always found the customer service to be top notch. Keep it up!”
– Alex, Singapore
Omega-3 are essential fatty acids that help optimise health and body functions. However, our bodies cannot make our own omega-3 acids. We have to obtain them from eating fish or taking fish oil supplements.
Everyone can benefit from consuming omega-3 because it is largely absent from our daily diet in Singapore. Omega-3 may also be taken to maintain healthy triglyceride levels, and to support heart, brain, eye and skin health.
The American Heart Association recommends eating at least 100 grams of fish (particularly fatty fish such as salmon and trout) at least twice a week. For those of us who do not eat enough fatty fish, consuming fish oil supplements is an option worth considering.
To reap the full benefits of taking fish oil supplements, choose the best fish oil brand that has been independently certified to be of the highest quality.
WHC fish oil supplements contain one of the highest concentration of omega-3 you can find. Our fish oil supplements are created with one clear goal – to provide you with the highest possible quality, purest and safest omega-3 fish oil formulas.
When choosing a fish oil supplement, there are three important questions to ask.
What is the concentration of omega-3 in the supplement?
What are the levels of contaminants in the supplement?
How stable is the fish oil?
It is important to choose a fish oil supplement with a high concentration of omega-3 so as to reap the maximum benefits from consuming the supplement. WHC has one of the highest concentration of omega-3 in the market. One WHC UnoCardio soft gel contains 1 gram of omega-3 fatty acids. To obtain the same amount of omega-3 from other brands, you may have to consume two to six capsules.
Contaminants exist in our environment and therefore exist in all fish oil supplements. It is critical to choose a supplement that has the lowest amount of contaminants. When purchasing a fish oil supplement, look out for independent certification that attest to the quality of the product. WHC fish oils have been awarded the highest ratings by the International Fish Oil Standards Program for purity, potency and freshness.
Fish oils can turn rancid easily. To enjoy the maximum benefits from consuming fish oils, you need to select one that has a robust level of stability. WHC uses a cold and environmentally-friendly purification technology. The fish oils are never exposed to extreme heat and contact with oxygen is minimized, protecting the oil from oxidation and prevents it from turning rancid. Each soft gel contains a balanced mix of rosemary and tocopherol extract to maintain freshness. WHC soft gels are also individually-sealed in blister packs, not bottled, for enhanced freshness.
Assurance of Quality
Quality products are the pride to a maker’s workmanship and labels are supposed to be windows to a product, bringing assurance and promises of quality to consumers. However, many product labels have distracting information and fish oil soft gels may not be filled to the brim with goodness as expected.
The two specific types of omega-3 fatty acids essential for optimal heart, brain and eye health is docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, and eicosapentanoic acid, or EPA. The most popular dosage for fish oil is 1000 mg. It’s a common assumption that one is getting 1000 mg of omega-3 fatty acids per soft gel, but this is untrue. A closer look at the labels may reveal only 300 mg of the metabolically active ingredients – 180mg EPA + 120mg DHA.
We examined the labels of the different brands of fish oils in the market and here’s what we found:
6 out of 10 brand labels we examined contain only 30% of the beneficial EPA and DHA, with the majority of the remaining 70% unaccounted for. One can only assume the 70% is neither EPA nor DHA for sure. Fillers and vegetable oils found in fish oil supplements have not been unheard of.
3 other brands contain slightly higher EPA/DHA, ranging from 55 to 60%.
WHC UnoCardio X 2 contains 84% EPA/DHA, with the remaining 16% as other omega-3 fatty acids.
Inspect the ingredient label for a complete picture of EPA, DHA and unwanted oils in each dose. At a glance, some brands’ EPA/DHA content looks higher than their competitors but manufacturers may list the ingredients per single soft gel or for multiple soft gels. Be sure to note the serving size – for a 1000 mg dose, some brands require 2 to 4 soft gels.
Just one soft gel of WHC UnoCardio X 2 yields 600mg EPA and 495mg DHA.
Just one soft gel of WHC UnoCardio 1000 yields 675mg EPA and 400mg DHA.
A high-quality fish oil is not by accident. Here’s why:
1) Enriching Omega-3 content is a choice
Decontamination and Concentrating Omega-3 content are additional steps that involves additional production costs but yields a much higher-quality fish oil. Producers who choose to sell the fish oil without undergoing these two processes will have only around 30% of omega-3 in their products, with the rest of the 70% as saturated fats and cholesterol.
WHC fish oils contain an exceptionally high concentration of 93% to 95% Omega-3, the highest in the market.
2) Freshness is a choice
WHC understands the goodness and shelf-life of fish oils are ruined in high temperatures during production.
This is why WHC fish oils are produced with the ultra-gentle Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) and Supercritical Fluid Extraction (SFE) technology. Most other fish oils manufactured by the Molecular Distillation (MD) method suffers up to 350% higher thermal stress than WHC fish oils, running through high temperatures repeatedly, exposing the thermal sensitive EPA and DHA to increased thermal stress, compromising their stability and shelf-life.
Just be extra-sure, all WHC products are blister-pack sealed for optimal freshness.
It is imperative to save our oceans and strive for quality that is achieved ethically. WHC not only care about the highest purity but also sustainability. WHC takes eco-friendliness seriously. From sourcing sustainable species of fish, to the ink used on their packaging, WHC endeavours a maxiamlly ecological approach.
Sustainable fisheries – WHC is Certified “Friend of the Sea”
All our fish oil originates from fish caught in sustainably-managed waters around the Pacific, off the coast of Chile, Peru and the coast of Northern Nord Sea. We accept only abundant fish species that are subject to stringent fishing quotas, small fish species such as anchovies, sardines and mackerel, rather than more endangered species such as salmon or cod. We are certified as Friends of the Sea.
Ecological production method – WHC aims to cause minimal damage to the environment
Our Omega-3 are manufactured and extracted by a cold-production method and in energy-efficient facilities. By-products from the entire production process are recycled. All excess fats not used for supplements are converted into electricity supplied to the manufacturing industry and a local public network.
Why we do not choose Krill
Fish oil producers who respect the environment do not use krill. This shrimp like sea creature is a source of food for whales, penguins and seals. Alarmingly, there are recent studies that show Antarctic krill stocks may have dropped by 80 percent since the 1970s. It is logical to assume that its use will disrupt the Antarctic eco-system even further.